Source Tagging is the process by which disposable or recyclable Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) anti-theft labels and / or Hard Tags are incorporated into merchandise at the manufacturing, packaging, or third party level. This is the fastest growing sector of the EAS industry.
By applying the label or tag at the source, some outstanding benefits can be realised
- Increased sales as product is delivered 'shelf ready' and does not require in-store preparation
- Reduction of in-store labour costs, allowing store colleagues to focus on serving customers, and for Loss Prevention staff to focus on monitoring EAS alarm activity.
- Increased Compliance of Tagging Policy, therefore not tagging too much or too little product in store. The ordering, delivery and storage of EAS Tags to each store is removed.
- Increased Compliance with Tagging Guidelines, therefore reducing the rate of false deactivations through misplacement of labels.
- Reduction of internal shrinkage as product is tagged throughout the Supply Chain
Programmes involve the application of EAS labels, either overtly or covertly, on the packaging of a product, or the application and recycling of Hard Tags in the apparel sector. This solution, where by 1 Hard Tag can be re-used up to 20 times in a programme over a 5 year period can vastly reduce the operational costs of an EAS programme.
To find out more about how TAG can develop a Source Tagging programme, tailored for the needs of your business, please contact TAG here: Contact Us